1.57 Acre with Silo for Industrial Storage & Railway Access
Industrial zoned M2 Property in Fort St. John. 1.57 Acres right at the industrial Core, at the end of a cul de sac.
Railway access on the property. Also on the property is a grain silo for industrial storage. Motivated seller!
The City of Fort St. John is a city located in northeastern British Columbia, Canada. The most populous municipality in the Peace River Regional District, the town encompasses a total area of about 22 square kilometres (8.5 sq mi) with 20,155 residents recorded in the 2016 Census. Located at Mile 47 of the Alaska Highway, it is one of the largest cities between Dawson Creek, British Columbia and Delta Junction, Alaska. Established in 1794 as a trading post, Fort St. John is the oldest European-established settlement in present-day British Columbia. The Fort St. John Airport serves the city. The municipal slogan is Fort St. John: The Energetic City. Source Wikipedia
More info about the Town and Fort St. John at:
History of Fort St. John:
Fort St. John is located on the traditional territory of the Dane-zaa First Nation people. Over the 19th and 20th centuries, the settler community has been moved a number of times for varying economic reasons. The present location is thought to be it's sixth. The original trading post built in the area was named Rocky Mountain House (not to be confused with the modern Alberta town by that name). It was established one year after Sir Alexander Mackenzie explored the area in 1793. One of a series of forts along the Peace River constructed to service the fur trade, it was located southwest of the present site of Fort St. John. The Dane-zaa and Sikanni First Nations used it as a trading post. It was also used as a supply depot for further expeditions into the territory. The fort closed in 1805. Fort d'Epinette was built in 1806 by the North West Company. It was renamed Fort St. John in 1821 following the purchase of the North West Company by the Hudson's Bay Company. This fort was located about 500 metres downstream from the mouth of the Beatton River, which at that time was known as the Pine River (d'epinette in French). It was shut down in 1823. The site was designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 1958.
After a lapse of nearly forty years, Fort St. John was reopened in 1860 on the south side of the Peace River, directly south of the present community. It was moved in 1872 by Francis Work Beatton directly across the river. This community lasted until 1925 when the river ceased to be the main avenue of transportation, and the fort was moved closer to where settlers were establishing homesteads. The new town was constructed at Fish Creek, northwest of the present community, on the new trail to Fort Nelson. It did not shut down until 1975. In 1928, C. M. Finch moved his general store to two-quarters of land where he also built a government building to house the land, telegraph and post offices. The town's present site was firmly established after he donated five acres (20,000 m²) for a Roman Catholic Church and additional land for a hospital.
Fort St. John, located on the upland prairies north of the Peace River, experiences a cold, humid continental climate (close to subarctic), with cold winters and warm summers. Although winters can be frigid, the area has milder winters than much of the rest of Canada (especially considering its relatively northerly latitude) due to the influence of the nearby Rocky Mountains. They tend to block arctic air masses from the north/northwest, although they can still penetrate the area. A predominantly southwesterly wind blows through town, with wind speeds averaging around 13.7 km (8.5 mi). Fort St. John uses Mountain Standard Time all year (same as Pacific Daylight Time in summer), and because of its northerly latitude experiences short daylight hours in winter and long daylight hours in summer.
Fort St. John is east of the Rocky Mountains and thus has a climate much more similar to the prairies than the British Columbia interior west of the mountains. The frost-free period is much longer east of the mountains than west, and thus the Peace River area, including Fort St. John, can grow crops that cannot be grown in most of the province, such as wheat and canola.
Fort St. John is one of the sunniest places in the province, especially in the winter and spring. The city holds British Columbia's record for most sunshine ever recorded in March (247.4 hours in 1965), May (373.5 hours in 1972), and November (141.3 hours in 1976).
- MLS Number: C8035555
- Acres: 1.57
- Waterfront: No
- Featured Search: Yes