7 Acres with great Exposure for your new Commercial Development! Lot A Northern Lights Drive / Corner of 91 Avenue
A very high exposure building site with seven-plus acres of a vacant holding site located in the most vibrant area of Fort St. John.
The site Site is relatively level with a gentle overall slope to the south.
Frontage on the east side on the paved Northern Lights Drive (East By Pass Road)
The Property has access on the south side to 91 Avenue.
It is readily visible and has frontage on the east and north sides of Northern Lights Drive.
The Property has good potential access and is
zoned C4- Highway Commercial
The following uses and no others are permitted in the C-4 Zone:
a. Adult Entertainment
b. Animal Service Facility- Minor
c. Art Gallery or Studio
d. Auction Sales and Storage
e. Automobile, Marine, Skidoo and Recreational Vehicle Sales, Rental and Servicing
f. Brewery and Distillery - Minor
g. Building Contractors, Supply and Storage
h. Bulk Fuel Sales
i. Bus Depot
k. Cartage, Delivery, Express Terminal Storage
I. Commercial Amusement Enterprise
m. Commercial Food Production Facility
n. Commercial Printing o, Commercial School
p. Dry Cleaner and Laundromat q, Funeral Services
r. Gas Station
s. Heavy Equipment Sales
u. Industrial Trades Training Facility
v. Liquor Establishment
w. Liquor Store
z. Newspaper Printing and Publishing aa. Oilfield Supplies and Servicing
bb. Parking Lot and Parkade
cc. Personal Service Establishment dd. Professional Office
ee. Radio and Television Broadcasting, Media Production Studios and Transmitting
ff. Recreation Facility
gg. Recycling Materials Drop Off Centre hh. Refrigeration Service
kk. Scientific and Research Laboratories
II. Shopping Centre mm.Service Station
nn. Single-Detached Dwelling only on Lot 22, Section 5, Township 84, Range 18, West of the 6th Meridian, Peace River Regional District Plan 12245 (PIO: 014-762- 293)
00. Taxi Dispatch Office pp. Tire Sales
qq. Trade Contractor Office
ss. Wholesale Establishment
The subject neighbourhood consists of a service commercial/ industrial area situated on the southeast extremity of the city of Fort St John. The site is bounded on the west by Northern Lights Drive (East By Pass Road), on the north by 100 Avenue, on the east by Swanson Lumber Road and south by the Alaska Highway.
Northern Lights Drive (East By-Pass Road) is an arterial road and truck route that bypasses the city's central areas. It connects with 100 Avenue on the north and the south side, with the Alaska Highway. The Highway is the main route in the region and links with centres to the north and south. One-Hundredth Avenue is one of the main city thoroughfares.
Developments on the west side, bordering Northern Lights Drive, are a mix of light industrial and service commercial. Areas just west are residential. The south portion along Northern Lights Drive consists of more extensive, undeveloped tracts and includes a transitional space that has recently been amalgamated into the city.
Balance of the neighbourhood is given over to industrial facilities, including Peace Valley OSB plant, Canfor lumber mill and CN Rail marshalling yards/ station plus industrial zoned subdivisions.
The subdivisions are located in an area that was formerly part of the BC Rail site. When BC Rail was sold to CN Rail, most of the regions around the marshalling yards were retained by BCR Properties. Starting in approximately 2005/ 2006, BCR Properties began developing subdivisions consisting of industrial
The subdivisions are relatively recently developed. They are fully serviced, and the streets are paved and have concrete curbs. Internet and cable television services are available in the area.
Some of the sites had pre-existing improvements. Several of these were serviced by rail spurs and load-outs, with the railway charging an annual land rent. The building owners typically took up these sites. The majority of the balance of the new areas were vacant and undeveloped at the time of sale.
The lots have typically been developed with shop/ warehouse-type buildings with varying degrees of office finish. Some of the sites have been cleared and levelled and are utilized as open storage.
The majority of area streets are paved. The neighbourhood has good traffic flow, and sites are readily accessible. There is good access to the area's main thoroughfares and highways.
The City of Fort St. John is a city located in northeastern British Columbia, Canada. The most populous municipality in the Peace River Regional District, the town encompasses a total area of about 22 square kilometres (8.5 sq mi) with 20,155 residents recorded in the 2016 Census. Located at Mile 47 of the Alaska Highway, it is one of the largest cities between Dawson Creek, British Columbia and Delta Junction, Alaska. Established in 1794 as a trading post, Fort St. John is the oldest European-established settlement in present-day British Columbia. The Fort St. John Airport serves the city. The municipal slogan is Fort St. John: The Energetic City. Source Wikipedia
More info about the Town and Fort St. John at:
History of Fort St. John:
Fort St. John is located on the traditional territory of the Dane-zaa First Nation people. Over the 19th and 20th centuries, the settler community has been moved a number of times for varying economic reasons. The present location is thought to be its sixth. The original trading post built in the area was named Rocky Mountain House (not to be confused with the modern Alberta town by that name). It was established one year after Sir Alexander Mackenzie explored the area in 1793. One of a series of forts along the Peace River constructed to service the fur trade, it was located southwest of the present site of Fort St. John. The Dane-zaa and Sikanni First Nations used it as a trading post. It was also used as a supply depot for further expeditions into the territory. The fort closed in 1805. Fort d'Epinette was built in 1806 by the North West Company. It was renamed Fort St. John in 1821 following the purchase of the North West Company by the Hudson's Bay Company. This fort was located about 500 metres downstream from the mouth of the Beatton River, which at that time was known as the Pine River (d'epinette in French). It was shut down in 1823. The site was designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 1958.
After a lapse of nearly forty years, Fort St. John was reopened in 1860 on the south side of the Peace River, directly south of the present community. It was moved in 1872 by Francis Work Beatton directly across the river. This community lasted until 1925 when the river ceased to be the main avenue of transportation, and the fort was moved closer to where settlers were establishing homesteads. The new town was constructed at Fish Creek, northwest of the present community, on the new trail to Fort Nelson. It did not shut down until 1975. In 1928, C. M. Finch moved his general store to two-quarters of land where he also built a government building to house the land, telegraph and post offices. The town's present site was firmly established after he donated five acres (20,000 m²) for a Roman Catholic Church and additional land for a hospital.
Fort St. John, located on the upland prairies north of the Peace River, experiences a cold, humid continental climate (close to subarctic), with cold winters and warm summers. Although winters can be frigid, the area has milder winters than much of the rest of Canada (especially considering its relatively northerly latitude) due to the influence of the nearby Rocky Mountains. They tend to block arctic air masses from the north/northwest, although they can still penetrate the area. A predominantly southwesterly wind blows through town, with wind speeds averaging around 13.7 km (8.5 mi). Fort St. John uses Mountain Standard Time all year (same as Pacific Daylight Time in summer), and because of its northerly latitude experiences short daylight hours in winter and long daylight hours in summer.
Fort St. John is east of the Rocky Mountains and thus has a climate much more similar to the prairies than the British Columbia interior west of the mountains. The frost-free period is much longer east of the mountains than west, and thus the Peace River area, including Fort St. John, can grow crops that cannot be grown in most of the province, such as wheat and canola.
Fort St. John is one of the sunniest places in the province, especially in the winter and spring. The city holds British Columbia's record for most sunshine ever recorded in March (247.4 hours in 1965), May (373.5 hours in 1972), and November (141.3 hours in 1976).
- MLS Number: C8035504
- Acres: 7.07
- Featured Search: Yes