There is still GOLD in the Cariboo! Active & Productive Mining Operation in Likely.
6502 Likely Road, Likely, British Columbia V0L 1N0
Have you ever dreamed of owning your very own gold mine?
This kind of absolutely incredible opportunity is now on the market, waiting for its next prospector! Let’s get into the specifics; this property is comprised of 2 very private deeded lots. On the larger parcel (2.1 acres) sits a newly updated 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with an incredible view of the Cariboo Mountains. This home is move in ready with its recent renovations, including a new kitchen with a new appliance package including a propane stove. All of the major home appliances have been replaced. New appliances and updates include the hot water tank (2015), new washer and dryer, new 200 amp electrical (2015), new plumbing, and all new flooring. The smaller of the two lots is 1.1 acres and is currently bare land. The town of Likely is 6kms away and there is a school bus stop at the end of the driveway, perfect for those young families with kids in school! Such a close location to town gives you access to local pubs, stores, restaurants and hotels as well as hunting and fishing, right out your back door.
Now on to the gold mine portion, which is sure to impress. The current mining claims and permits are fully transferable and the current permit is 5 years, on its final year. The current owner is happy to facilitate the transfer the claims and assist with amending the permit for an additional 5 years. There are 22 cells and one legacy claim included.
This permit is for an approximate 100acre bench of land of which approximately 8 to 9 acres have been mined thus far. The current operation is run with a 2-3 man crew and the season runs from April to the end of October. With a 2 man crew, that is already lined of for this year, the operation is averaging about 25 yards an hour. Currently the mining is only going as deep the top 10-20 feet of an old river channel, however the possibility of going deeper into the clay or bedrock is there and could be very interesting. There has been a consistent return of 1oz of gold per 80-100 yards mined with a high end return of 8oz in under 100 yards previously. The three largest nuggets mined so far were 13.35, 11.9 and 9 grams with an average of approximately 2oz a clean up for every 10 hours run. Currently this mine is operating with one plant and the tailings are being hauled away, however the permit is set up to allow for a second plant to run as well. Most of the ground on this permit is virgin land with large fir trees, there are many, many more years of mining to be done here, so far all of the testing done on the soils have given good test results for successful future mining. The current permit has allowed for a road to be put to test an area just below the Bullion Pit on a bench next to the Quesnel River, a spot that is a well known as a big nugget gold producing area. The bond on the ground is $5000, however the current owner does all of the reclamation as they mine, so they have not had any issues.
Now, let’s talk about what equipment is included in this one of a kind opportunity. Every single piece of equipment to run this mine is being included in the sale. You would be walking into a fully operation, fully successful, established gold mining operation. A full list of equipment can be seen below, under the heading: Equipment.
Likely is one of the few remaining Cariboo Gold Rush settlements. Likely was originally called Quesnel Dam. The name was changed to honour prospector John A. Likely.
The Quesnel River was dammed near Likely in 1898 to enable downriver areas to be explored for gold. One such site became the Bullion Pit mine, which operated from 1892 to 1942. Today, the Bullion Pit stands as an astonishing man-made canyon measuring 3 kilometres long by 400 feet (120 m) deep. It displaced 12,000,000 cubic yards (9,200,000 m3) of gravel.
Nearby Quesnel Lake is the largest lake in the Cariboo, with the North Arm extending 77 kilometres and the East Arm reaching out 100 kilometres. Ten to 16 pound rainbow trout, lake trout up to 30 or 40 pounds, as well as kokanee can all be caught in the lake.
A highlight of a visit to Likely in late summer includes watching thousands of salmon migrate up the Quesnel River to their spawning grounds in the Horsefly and Mitchell Rivers. Visitors can also explore the historic ghost town of Quesnel Forks, only 11 km to the northwest.
This area is also rich for the avid hunter and outdoor enthusiast with access to the great outdoors right out your back door!
This investment opportunity is difficult to quantify, however the potential for a once in a lifetime opportunity to mine gold, just 7kms from your front door is not one to pass by easily. With under 10% of the current permit already mined, this has the potential for many years or possibly generations of gold mining to come. However, to give you some valuation numbers to help you with your calculations, the current owner has been selling to the refinery at $2100 per ounce.
- Shaker Plant (2016) running 25-35 yards/hour.
- De-Rocker Washer Plant (Like new) running 25 yards/hour.
- Kimatzu US78 Excavator (2003).
- Hitachi 270 Excavator (2004).
- 35 Ton Cat Rock Truck (1996).
- John Deere 892 Excavator 77,000lb (1995) +parts machine.
- D6 Cat Bulldozer.
- 2 x 980B Cat Wheel loaders with 5 yard buckets & parts.
- GMC 3tonne service truck (1993) w/ with welder, gas air compressor, cut off saw, tanks, gauges and all hand tools to run mine are in a metal tool crib on truck.
- Hino 3 Ton with water totes and pressure washer (1996) used to haul fuel.
- 2 x 28 ft Van Trailers. 1 is a shop and one is used for gold clean up.
- AMT Honda 24 hp with Gorman Rupp 6 inch Trash pump 1000 gpm on trailer (2015).
- Honda 4 inch 13hp 580 gpm Trash pump. (150 hours).
- Honda 3 inch 8hp 280 gpm Trash pump.
- Large 4 inch Jet pump PTO drive.
- 6 inch Trash pump, trailer 6 inch outlet (no motor).
- 500 feet of 4 inch layflat, 300 feet of 3 inch layflat and about 500 feet of 2 inch layflat hoses, many fittings included.
- Tidy tanks with pumps and 3 tanks on stands.
- 5000' + of 4 inch HOPE line 2,500' + of 4" & 5" Alum.water line plus accessories.
- Camp set up, first aid building with 2 level 1 first aid kits, spine board, steel tool container, camp trailer.
- Many new and used spare parts, tires for equipment, chainsaws, hand tools, power tools, gen sets, many fire extinguishers, spill kits & repair manuals for most equipment on site.
- Miscellaneous mining equipment including a fine gold recovery system, big steel and cement propane metal smelter, Morfee billet aluminum self contained gold wheel, gold cube, shaker table and wave table.
- 2 Whites GMT , MXT metal detector.
- 13,000lb equipment trailer (2005).
- 2 x 1992 Suzuki Sidekick SUV.
Services to Property
$456.60 (2020)- 2.1 Acre parcel with home
$116.73 (2020)- 1.1 Acre bare land parcel
Rural 3 (RR 3) Both deeds
PID 008-567-433 DISTRICT LOT 5770, CARIBOO LAND DISTRICT (2.1 Acres)
PID 008-567-450 BLOCK B, DISTRICT LOT 169, CARIBOO LAND DISTRICT (1.1 Acres)
Transferable gold mining permit for approximately 100acres of land.
6502 Likely Road
This property is 95kms out of Williams Lake in the charming community of Likely, BC. It is located in the Cariboo region of BC and is situated where the west arm of Quesnel Lake empties into the Quesnel River. Roads from Likely lead southwest to Williams Lake, northwest to Quesnel, south to Horsefly, and north to Barkerville.
The information contained herein is provided by the Seller and other sources believed to be reliable. 3A® Group powered by RE/MAX Nyda in Agassiz are making no representation either verbal or otherwise as to the accuracy or correctness of the information contained herein and the buyer is cautioned to make any inquiries necessary to satisfy all questions or concerns.
- Agent: Freddy Marks
- MLS Number: C8038960
- Property Type: Commercial
- House: Yes
- Commercial: Yes
- Loghome: Yes