Ranchero Farms is a true outdoorsman paradise, located at the edge of the Prince George city boundary. Encompassing 1310 Acres in 4 titles, the almost completely fenced ranch offers gorgeous views from several angles toward the northern metropolis of Prince George.
Ranchero Farm is registered on one of the four titles. Operating as a working cattle & hay ranch, there is year-round access with well-built ranch infrastructure for cattle/caving, pigs and chickens.
The operation easily supports 60 to 80 head with streams and water sources for pasturing cattle, even in very dry summers. 156 acres of easy to manage high-yield hay fields are established with an average harvest of between 360 to 400 tones. Soil tests are available upon request.
An additional 50 acres of hay has recently been cleared and seeded and will be ready for harvest in 2020. The convenient location, solid infrastructure and revenue potential make this a great family ranch or lease out the operation.
*There is a modern line of haying equipment that can be considered for additional purchase.
The property has many improvements including a lovely three-bedroom log home with large garden. The house is self-contained with solar panels, its own cisterns, and septic. Internet and telephone services are on the property. Well built horse, calving and cattle facilities along with other storage outbuildings. The wildlife component on this ranch is outstanding, with moose, bear, elk and a host of other animals call Ranchero Farms home.
There is lots of acreage for additional hayfields to be created.
All properties are part of the ALR
To get to the ranch... From Prince George go north on HWY 97 to North Kelly Road (approx. 20 min from downtown) stay on North Kelly Road almost until the end, turn right on DeClerq, then right on Muermann Road. Stay on Muermann Road to Farms (on left) take Driveway to Ranchero (on right). About 3km down the Ranch will be on your right (1505 Ranchero Drive).
Prince George, with a population of 74,003 (census agglomeration of 86,622), is the largest city in northern British Columbia, Canada, and is the "Northern Capital" of BC. It is situated at the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako Rivers, and at the crossroads of Highway 16 and Highway 97.
The origins of Prince George can be traced to the North West Company fur trading post of Fort George, which was established in 1807 by Simon Fraser and named in honor of King George III. The post was centered in the centuries-old homeland of the Lheidli T'enneh First Nation, whose very name means "people of the confluence of the two rivers."
Throughout the 19th century, Fort George remained unchanged, while Fort St. James reigned as the main trading post and capital of the New Caledonia area. Even during the Cariboo Gold Rush, Fort George was isolated, although Quesnel prospered as the Cariboo Road was built to its doorstep, making it the main staging area for the miners going to the goldfields at Barkerville. Then, when the Collins Overland Telegraph Trail was built in 1865–67, it bypassed Fort George, following the Blackwater Trail from Quesnel and continuing northwest towards Hazelton.
Grand Trunk Pacific Railway
Main article: Steamboats of the Upper Fraser River in British Columbia
Finally, in 1903, Fort George's fortune began to change when reports said that the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway (later part of CN Rail) would pass near the fur post. In 1906, agricultural settlement began around Fort George and then in 1909, development of the town began as two rival land speculation companies built the communities of South Fort George and Central Fort George. South Fort George was built on the Fraser River near the Hudson's Bay Company’s trading post and Central Fort George was built two miles (3 km) to the northwest on the Nechako River. Both communities flourished due to the marketing strategies of the land promoter for Central Fort George, George Hammond, who advertised the community all over Canada and Britain, describing Fort George in glowing terms as being the future hub of British Columbia, having mild winters and being suitable for any agricultural endeavour (except for the growing of peaches). Ten paddle steamer sternwheelers serviced the area, coming up on the Fraser River from Soda Creek.
Properties were sold in both of the main townsites and many others nearby, such as Birmingham, Fort Salmon, Nechako Heights and Willow City. By 1913, South and Central Fort George each had a population of 1500 and were booming as thousands of rail construction workers came to town for supplies and entertainment. Both communities believed that the Grand Trunk Pacific station and townsite would be built in their town, and both were disappointed when the railway purchased the 1,366 acres (5.53 km2) of land in between them from the Lhiedli T'enneh instead, even though Charles Vance Millar, then the owner of the BC Express Company, was well into negotiations to purchase that property himself. The railway compensated Millar by giving him 200 acres (0.81 km2) of the property and, by 1914, when the railway was completed, there were four major communities in Fort George: South, Central, Millar Addition and the railway's townsite, Prince George, where the station was built. Although George Hammond fought a series of bitter legal battles for a station for Central and for the right to incorporate, the railway won in the end and the City of Prince George was incorporated on March 6, 1915.
More info about Prince George follow these links:
Top 10 Reasons to Move to Prince George, BC
Prince George is the center for healthcare in the surrounding region of 320,000 people. We're home to the University Hospital of Northern BC and the BC ...
Explore Neighbourhoods in Prince George, BC
Located at the northern boundary of Prince George, Chief Lake is a rural area suited to people who enjoy large, private properties in a forested or farmland ...