The Schoolhouse Ranch is a beautiful country acreage with two log homes, set in the heart of the Cariboo.
ADDRESS: 5444- 5450 103 Mile Road West, 103 Mile House, BC, Canada
The Schoolhouse Ranch is a serene, private, 625-acre rural paradise. Live in quiet splendour, only a 10 minutes drive from the vibrant town of 100 Mile House. The property boasts not ‘ONE’ but ‘TWO’ beautiful, privately situated log homes. Each log home has its own water well, and one of the homes is equipped with a fully equipped in-law suite with separate entrance. The housing is set up perfectly for two generations of family or gentleman’s ranch with a caretaker’s home.
There are many trails on the property, and lots to explore, as several trails lead to meadows, a pond and to Crown Land.
If you are looking to run a year round B&B accommodation, agricultural business, or want to live the equestrian ranch dream, this well planned property has unique potential. The convenient off-highway access and private rural location could be your next home base to welcome clients or guests in any season.
In the summer of 2017 a wildfire burnt through the area, and the Schoolhouse Ranch property did sustain some losses of timber and a barn structures. There are still some indications of the fire, although mother nature is quickly reclaiming it. A section of naturally burnt fireguard now protects a portion of the property, which helps to mitigate future fire risk.
A total of 30,000 seedlings have been planted to reforest the acreage.
• Two Log Homes in a private setting, nicely separated from each other for each ones privacy.
• House One: Custom Designed and build in 1992, offers 3,344 square feet with 4 bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Kitchen, Dinning, Living Room, Laundry, Family Room, Furnace & Storage Room
• House One offers vaulted ceiling, open living concept, floor to ceiling fireplace, hardwood flooring. It also offers a covered walk around deck with views to a small pond and the great Landscape.
• 2. House: This Log Home was built in 1986 and offers approximate 1800 square feet with two bedrooms, one bath, kitchen, living room, laundry and open loft and storage. No basement but crawl space for storage. The home offers an open living concept; glass covered enclosed veranda as well as an open deck. This could be an ideal caretakers residence.
• Water: Great quality and quantity of water on this property. Each home is serviced by its own well producing in excess 5 gallons per minute.
• Hydro: 220 V service in Main House
• NEW PERIMETER FENCING: In the process of being completed with new gate.
• Ideal Place for running a B & B, Guest Ranch, Equestrian Center, Livestock Business.
• Also Ideal for two generation living or gentleman Ranch. Caretaker home is in place.
AREA DATA/ HISTORY
• The property is only a 10 min drive from 100 Mile House. It takes about 1 hour to reach Williams Lake or 1.5 hours to reach Kamloops.
• 100 Mile (referred to locally as "Hundred Mile House") offers rustic charm, beautiful lakes, plentiful outdoor activities, unique guest and dude ranches and lots of cowboy culture and history to soak up.
• 100 Mile House (population: 1,885) is located on a plateau in south-central British Columbia, 458km/284mi northeast from Vancouver and 95km/60mi south of Williams Lake via Highway 97.
• Originally named Bridge Creek House, the community was established in the mid 1800s as a major rest stop and supply station for gold seekers traveling via the Fraser River and Lillooet.
• The town of 100 Mile House bustles as the service centre for the South Cariboo, actually serves a total population of more than 20,000.
• CLIMATE: Average rainfall is 540 mm (22 inches). There are 4 distinct seasons to enjoy numerous recreational activities. Typically our gardening season is late May to early September.
• ZONING: RA1
• COORDINATES: 51°41'24.30"N, 121°19'37.53"W; 51°40'32.78"N, 121°19'37.99"W; 51°40'33.32"N,121°21'1.42"W; 51°41'24.31"N, 121°21'1.74"W